Learn the real-world personal-safety and self-defense systems used by US police, corrections, and military professionals — to survive and win life-or-death encounters
Real-world personal safety and self defense training is different than traditional defense training:
- It isn’t a sport — with mats, time limits, weight classes, and referees. In the real world, you can’t throw in the towel if things aren’t going well — losing just isn’t an option.
- It isn’t based on tactics and techniques only 20-somethings can perform and that require years of practice in order to become proficient. That’s just not the real-world.
- It doesn’t assume any rules of engagement. In the real world there are no rules (except later in court where many encounters end up)
Sadly, most personal-safety and self-defense training doesn’t consider these realities — even when labeled as “reality” based. Self-defense training is rarely focused on defending your life, the techniques taught require physical capabilities beyond what’s possessed by most people, and the ever-present legal issues are seldom considered.
In contrast, the personal-safety and self-defense systems I’ve taught over the last 30 years to police, corrections, and military professionals have these nine attributes:
- Have staying alive as the #1 priority
- Work despite the physical limitations of the professional applying them
- Compensate for the physical capabilities of the assailant
- Consider all situations and environments where an attack may occur
- Are quick to learn and easy to remember (just 3 steps for each technique)
- Are courtroom defensible
- Are medically and tactically sound
- Are executed the same way whether standing or on the ground
- Have been proven to work in real life or death situations!
My name is Dave Young and I founded Your Family Defense in 2010 to bring these same nine attributes to personal-safety and self-defense training for the general public.
I have experience as a Marine, police officer (civilian, military), corrections officer, and security agent — and have been training professionals how to stay safe and defend themselves since 1980. My professional students vary widely in size and abilities and they operate in a world where there are no rules — so providing training with the above nine attributes is critically important.
My students are exposed to dangerous situations every single day, they have limited time for training and retraining, and almost every physical encounter will end up being reviewed, both civilly and criminally.
That’s why Your Family Defense is such a breakthrough in personal safety and self-defense training. For over 30 years, my systems have been proven to save lives on the streets and be defendable in court — in almost every situation imaginable.
Your Family Defense is the first true real-world-based personal safety and self-defense program for the every man and every woman who wants to feel safe and able to defend themselves and their family, if attacked.
If that’s you, I encourage you to take advantage of our training programs which are delivered via multiple methods — including live training at host martial arts schools, online multimedia programs and physical products (DVDs, manuals).